Here are some tips to help you get started:
- To sign your posts (on talk pages, for example) use the '~' symbol. To insert just your name, type ~~~ (3 tildes), or, to insert your name and timestamp, use ~~~~ (4 tildes).
- Try the Tutorial, and feel free to experiment in the test area.
- If you need help, post a question at the Help Desk
- Follow the Wikipedia:Simplified Ruleset
- Eventually, you might want to read the Manual of Style and Policies and Guidelines.
- Remember Wikipedia:Neutral point of view
- Explore, be bold in editing pages, and, most importantly, have fun!
Welcome to Wikipedia. Keep up the great work!
Here are some useful links if you need any help:
- How to edit a page
- How to write a great article
- Naming conventions
- Manual of Style
- Create an account
You can sign posts on talk pages by entering four tildes (~~~~)
If you have any questions:
jengod 07:30, Sep 4, 2004 (UTC)
You are so my favorite new editor. What do you think--should Cimarron Territory be redirected to Neutral Strip (Oklahoma) or does it warrant its own page? I'll leave it to your good judgment. I'd fancy a Cimarron page myself, but I'm not caught up enough on OK to be able to decide. jengod
I thik you're looking in the wrong place CPret. There are several talk page for the WikiProject, the current discussion is going on with the anon's proposed rewrite is at Wikipedia:WikiProject U.S. Regions/General. There is also talk specifically about the new maps at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject U.S. regions/Maps. Sorry for the confusion. -JCarriker 16:03, Jun 21, 2005 (UTC)
- Regardless of if you know it or not CPret, what you just proposed on Talk:Southwestern United States is exactly what WikiProject U.S. regions is trying to do and what Jmabel and I are tyring to do at Western United States and American West. As such I see no problem with your proposed rewrite. -JCarriker 16:10, Jun 21, 2005 (UTC)
Hi, I noticed that you began some work on the Cherokee Strip (Kansas) article, and wanted to make you aware of a new wikiproject, Kansas. Please consider joining us, if you are still interested in articles concerning the state of Kansas. ----Steve 21:33, 30 March 2007 (UTC)
Disputed fair use rationale for Image:Western Music Association poster.png
Thanks for uploading Image:Western Music Association poster.png. However, there is a concern that the rationale you have provided for using this image under "fair use" may be invalid. Please read the instructions at Wikipedia:Non-free content carefully, then go to the image description page and clarify why you think the image qualifies for fair use. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to ensure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If it is determined that the image does not qualify under fair use, it will be deleted within a couple of days according to our criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot (talk) 08:21, 21 January 2008 (UTC)
Image:Map of Little Dixie Oklahoma.png listed for deletion
An image or media file that you uploaded or altered, Image:Map of Little Dixie Oklahoma.png, has been listed at Wikipedia:Images and media for deletion. Please see the discussion to see why this is (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry), if you are interested in it not being deleted. Thank you. —Scott5114↗ [EXACT CHANGE ONLY] 17:49, 5 April 2008 (UTC)